• Welcome to GSX1400 Owners .org. Please login.

Friday, 21 January 2022, 05:07 AM

News:

Our FOURTH birthday will be on 20 January 2021 !

Future-proofing the forum - it will always be here!

Started by VladTepes, Friday, 10 February 2017, 11:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VladTepes

One of the issues with some forums is that if the forum owner / admin is unavailable for some reason (holiday, sick, loses interest, or whatever) then technical issues are not addressed and in worst case scenarios a forum can disappear off the face of the earth.

I am determined to structure this place in such a way that this NEVER happens.

Occasional outages are inevitable but you can be confident they will be dealt with as promptly as possible.

You'll notice that Proteous and Barmy have received a 'promotion' to Administrator status.  Consider Proteous and me as the main admins, with Barmy as back up and moderator.

A BIG thank you from me to both those blokes for their efforts in making this the place it is!

This extends further than the forum - both fellas have full access to the back end - forum hosting and so on, just as I have.  They'll be able to lodge support tickets with the hosting service and so on, if and when required.

This is especially useful as barmy won't have to wake me up at 2am eh barmy ?  :lol:

With the time differences between the UK and Australia we should pretty much be across things 24 hours a day.

I am letting you all know this as I consider this YOUR forum, and want to demonstrate that we don't have any 'secrets' and there's no power hungry bullshit going on here.

We are very open in the way things happen here.

As an aside, we are NOT after your money and should we EVER make a donation option available, we'll be disclosing ALL the forum expenses (which are quite modest, by the way, currently under GBP100 / year and with no anticipation of this changing any time in the medium term.)

ANY questions? Just ask !
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Beaker

This is getting a little scary now - all this openess and honesty - soon it will be kisses and hugs and stuff!!!  :imrgreen:

VladTepes

Friday, 10 February 2017, 02:40 PM #2 Last Edit: Friday, 10 February 2017, 04:59 PM by VladTepes
No, that DOES incur a fairly hefty fee.... :lol:

Gonna have the air-con cranking this weekend and will get a power bill eventually....

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

seth

only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Proteous

The kisses and hugs section of the forum is something we will look at opening soon, but it will be a special 'elite' section on only the preetiest of you will be allowed in...
So if i do stuff all all day and noone sees me do it.. Am i still a lazy git?

Blubber

Quote from: Proteous on Friday, 10 February  2017, 06:59 PM
The kisses and hugs section of the forum is something we will look at opening soon, but it will be a special 'elite' section on only the preetiest of you will be allowed in...

:jack:
Wreck-it Richard - one of the unDutchables

Blubber

that for that news flash.

Good to know, its appreciated  :onya:
Wreck-it Richard - one of the unDutchables

Mrg

as you have said from the start this is all our site and your openness to all issues and the running of it is commendable to the admin team

I only see this site getting better and better by each day week year

this site is a breath of fresh air to use all

a big thank you  :notworthy: :clapping: :onya: 

id like the hugging part open soon its good to love and hug makes you a bigger person  :smitten:
look check and look again  then you see the fool

froudy

Can't give enough praise to those that have got this up and running..Lots of hard work, time and effort...

Thanks and well done :onya:
Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups!

mjgt

Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

VladTepes

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Proteous

Thank you for your praise guys. It means a lot..
Our aim is to be here for you at the drop of a hat.. Technical issues, software issues, compatability issues.. Even if you just dont quite get something.. You can contact the Admin team ANYTIME, you should NEVER have to wait more than a couple of hours for a response..

If there is a call for it Barmy and Myself will be opening a 'Couch' section where you can come and talk 1 on 1 to discuss your problems with us.. Here we will give you the standard biker responses such as "Man up", "Grow Up", "Shut up and have a drink" or my personal favourite.. "Go tell someone who gives a s***"

We hope this will be of help to some of you at least..
So if i do stuff all all day and noone sees me do it.. Am i still a lazy git?

Tug

Definitely maybe

Globalrider

I need to go somewhere I've not been but won't know until I get there!

TALLMAN

A very big thanks guys for getting this place up and running its very much appreciate
HONI SOIT QUE MAL Y PENSE       UBIQUE!       QUO FAS ET GLORIA DU****        FACIMUS ET FRANGIMUS

Google Translate