• Welcome to TEST GSX1400 Owners .org TEST .

News:

Welcome GSX1400 Owners and buyers !

Main Menu

Snapped TPS housing

Started by AndyB, Tuesday, 16 March 2021, 06:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyB

Hi fellas,
Quick question...stripping my bike down for the conversion
I took my throttle bodies the other day..& I've noticed a crack in the housing where the cables exit ..barely noticeable unless you give it a prod...I'm thinking a careful super glue job  should be enough to keep water out when washing etc.
Would I be right in thinking that...or is there a better fix...or anything I should be aware of ?
Bikes , beer , blondes ........& Bacon🤣😎

Hooli

It's probably not a crack, there is a small heat shrunk section that covers the wires as they exit the sensor.

You've just reminded me the one on my SPS is slightly torn so needs a dab of glue to keep it in place.

AndyB

It's just underneath that cable shroud hooli..definitely cracked..
I've seen loads of of bandit sensors a lot worse than mine...and was thinking...why havnt they been repaired...is there a reason why they havnt been glued.
I,ll do a careful superglue job on it ..should be fine
I,ll take a couple of photos of the bike too...I said I'd document the build for you lads..

Hooli

Ahh gotcha, aye I can't see a reason a bit of glue wouldn't work either then.

AndyB

I give it a prod to see if the crack went all the way round.....if it didnt...it does now :whatever:

Hooli

My SPS is just like that, I keep forgetting to do owt about it.

AndyB

A bit of gorilla glue and a wet finger hooli...jobs a good'un

mjgt

I would use something a bit more substantial than superglue as that's not waterproof, araldite or similar.
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

AndyB

Hi mick...its  gorilla glue I've used....just done a quick Google because I wasnt sure if it is waterproof....turns out it actually is waterproof which is cool.....otherwise I'd of had to re-do it with something that was

Taniwha

Gorilla glue is fine. Just keep it out of your hair. ;)
K7 B&W, '84 GPZ550, '12 ZX2,

ezza

just my thinking i would use a little bit of sikaflex can get it in black , it will glue it together , be waterproof and can to the shape and smoothed to suit the plug.

mlivkovich

I would use gasket maker. Waterproof, sticks well and flexible  :cheers:

Google Translate